Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dehumidifier for humid basement. I want one that lasts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dehumidifier for humid basement. I want one that lasts.

I have a humid basement and run a dehumidifier there to keep it dry and avoid mold. The humidifiers always break down after about 3 years. I was going to get an extended warranty on the one I just bought, but they only offer them for the first 3 years. Refrigerators and ACs usually last 10 years or more, but for some reason, dehumidifiers only last about 3.
    Does anyone know of a high quality dehumidifier that lasts longer?

Thank you for your question. There are a lot of different manufacturers out there. Everyone seems to like the Santa Fe as far as installers go. I went on their website states 6 yr warranty? https://www.santa-fe-products.com/pr...-dehumidifier/

Comment

We had a Tosot 50 Pint Dehumidifier dehumidifier for 10 years, never had a problem, except at the end. Now for the last 7 years we run a new one from here, also runs perfectly. We have a 20x40 ft basement with two sump pumps, and store paper records down there. Basement is partially finished, is storage and has a work/tool room. We run dehumidifiers on the Normal settings, have no mold.
      Last edited by eflyguy; 10-04-2022, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X