No announcement yet.

my Basement

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my Basement

I have started to finish my basement in the house. I have poured walls, I took the pink foam insulation and put that up then i built my walls i put plastic inbetween the 2x4 wall and the foam insulation. And now i get like a condensation that comes down to the floor and builds puddles. What should I do to stop this so I can finsih the basement with carpet and not worry about the carpet getting wrecked? I only notice it during the winter. Thank you

I aslo have a question on some windows i have in the house as well. I have a long eve that comes off the house and i have a some windows that have water that drips from the top of the window to the bottom of the window. I can not find any way that the water is getting into the top? Any suggestion's will be great. Thank you

Originally posted by TJ1962
    Have you read the foundation insulation PDF report which gives details on this subject?

It is located at:

This is a very large file. However, it is my experience that an air gap is necessary. Nothing should be touching walls. Then a dehumidifier should be used to draw damp air from the air gap.

It is difficult to say that the windows are leaking or moisture is building on inside of them due to air temperature. You could have the windows replaced and/or seal around them. Many single pain windows will develop humidity as well as frames can deteriorate. The dehumidifier will also help with this should it be just humidity.

Hope this helps.....lots of info for insulation, dehumidifiers, window and basement finishing at

Buddy the link you have given in your post is not working properly..!!
    I have tried to open it many times but got an error message of "page not available" everytime..!!
    I guess either I have slow internet connectivity or the link is dead..!!
    Last edited by TJ1962; 12-12-2011, 12:01 PM. Reason: ad link unauthorized