Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeping Tiles & French Drain

Hello, this my first post.
    I would like to endeavor on waterproofing 2 foundation walls however, I’m an amateur and need to first ask about the french drain and weeping tiles.

The house is built 1953 and I don’t know what exists for weeping tile system. Judging from the French drain, it appears there is at least one weeping tile under the foundation along one wall. I would assume it would be made of clay.

The question I have is;
    Should I be installing a modern weeping tiles? If so, how and where should I connect? I’m thinking this goes to the sewer drain and not the storm drain like modern systems do.
    Attached Files

Are you waterproofing from inside or outside? The picture attached sump pit no sump no water? Drain tiles are typically laid on outside level with footer and one bleeder per wall through footer and under slab. It is probably clay tiles. Polypropylene came out in the late 70s do you have any pictures. Yes the new drain tiles are much better.

Comment

No not dry, there is about one inch of water at bottom of sump pit. I intend to waterproof from exterior. I’m not sure if you’re asking for pics of the drain tiles from exterior, but I haven’t excavated yet.

If there are drain tiles all way around, it looks as though they would all be connected to the one bleeder pipe that can be seen in the sump pit. Or alternatively, there are 4 “slot” looking holes, one on each side of sump pit. Possibly those are for the the drain tiles, but I’m thinking they are more likely there as an auxiliary in case needed. I’ll see if I can confirm this with local cement casting Co.

btw, the bottom whole in sump pit has a clear shot towards the street at front of house. I stuck a garden hose at full and the water level didn’t even rise.

I’ll post pic of the “slot” I mentioned.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	41930A7B-9623-47E9-8F42-414B3BB57375.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1140

Comment

Your looking down into the sump pit in the above pic. There is only one 4” input drain on the side, one 4” output drain on the bottom.
          Last edited by 1968Dodge; 09-10-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Hello 1968Dodge yes you should have a bleeder pipe next to the spread footer

Comment

I wonder, realistically, if got more familiar with cement by reading a guide, I wonder if this allow me to be able to fill and add rebar to cinder blocks?

Comment

I went into a different subject. It’s better if I start a new thread. Will do so soon

Comment

hello 1968Dodge There are many guides for rod and grout. You may get the same result with Carbon Fiber Strapping. Just be sure they are anchored systems.

Comment

I checked out, Rhino carbon fiber. Looks interesting. They didn’t mention anything about anchoring. Unless I missed it.

It appears it’s early enough, that there is no bowing in the wall.

Comment

you were discussing adding rod inside block that is very labor intensive try www.FortressForLife.com or a diy can be www.CarbonGuard.com

Comment

Thare many rod & grout tutorials, but they demonstrate installing while constructing. My case is after the foundation is constructed. Thx for the carbon fiber info.
                        Last edited by 1968Dodge; 09-17-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Professional’s thoughts on carbon fiber:
                          https://youtu.be/zpHwINlmQv8

Comment

Hello 1968Dodge Carbon fiber has been used in commercial applications for over a decade. The carbon the man in video is referring to is a "plate" which has lost favor in residential applications. There is also fabric, precured grids many products out there. Through testing we have found anchoring carbon fiber is now going to be important factor. If you are the DIY type I would suggest https://carbonfiberwallrepair.com/in...-instructions/

Comment

Working...
                            X