drain tile inside or outside basement wall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drain tile inside or outside basement wall

My outside drain tile needs replacing. I would like to know if there is a difference between placing the drain tile inside the wall instead of digging up all around the outside of my house to put it outside. trying to save money.

"The interior draintile is designed to catch water once it enters foundation and redirect it to sump pumps and/or prevent leaking onto floor etc."

the only thing i would add is that if you have a high water table, the water isn't entering the foundation, it's coming from below the floor. and with that said, an interior french drain is your only permanent guaranteed solution.

Comment

I am having the same problem and trying to look for the solution. Some body please help.
      Last edited by BasementQuestions; 05-16-2013, 07:26 AM. Reason: advertisement

Comment

Drainage

You have choices when it comes to draintile replacement:

The difference between interior draintile and exterior draintile:

Exterior draintile is designed to catch the water at the footer before it penetrates the foundation walls.

The interior draintile is designed to catch water once it enters foundation and redirect it to sump pumps and/or prevent leaking onto floor etc.

You must decide if excavation of exterior is a feasible option and understand limitations due to additions / decks / pavers and loss of landscaping. With interior method you may lose finished areas / drywall / paneling etc.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your answers, i have replaced it and sorry for late reply as i was with the replacement work.
          Last edited by BasementQuestions; 06-24-2013, 09:37 AM. Reason: advertisement

Comment

There are differences, mostly on cost. Interior systems generally are less expensive but it may differ if you have a highly finished basement which requires a lot of job preparations. There are some certain advantages and disadvantages also.

Comment

Put it on the outside.

Comment

Working...
              X