painting wet basement floor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting wet basement floor ?

What do I do to make paint stick to my basement floor? The floor keeps popping off the paint after a year or two because of water coming up through it ?

Originally posted by FIXITGUY1971 View Post
    What do I do to make paint stick to my basement floor? The floor keeps popping off the paint after a year or two because of water coming up through it ?
    Hello First and foremost you need to solve the water problem. Is is leaking or just dampness? If just dampness a good dehumidifier may be the answer. Poured concrete slab floor will have a laitance surface. Which is sand, cement and water mixture that rises to the top as the aggregate sinks during cure. Removing the laitance about the thickness of a dime will increase the bond of paint.

Comment

You will have to fix the issue of water coming through the floor. Not only is this not good for your basement, this is also bad for the plinth of your structure. If you can detail the issue a more, on the reasons behind the water coming through the floor, I will have a better idea of what will work for for

Comment

Working...
      X