Concrete Sealers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Sealers

Has anyone used a product called RadonSeal Paint Stripper? I want to seal my unfinished basement, but the previous owner painted both the walls and the floor. I found this product/website and was curious if anyone used it and if so did it work well?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

The theory is that it can "fill the pores of the concrete to stop vapor movement into the basement".

As far as I know from asking friends of mine who deal with Radon everyday, they don't recommend these as a solution.

Piping the floor to the outside with a fan is the only true method to remove randon from a basement.

The important thing is to not do anything that would introduce new cracks, holes, or punctures that won't be sealed. That's the second thing that any Radon company will do is to seal up any waterproofing system that has an open back or seal along the seperation between the floor/wall that runs the area of the basement.

A sealed direct vent system to my knowledge is the only thing to my knowledge that has successfully delt with Radon over long periods of time.

Comment

Originally posted by JLScally View Post
      Has anyone used a product called RadonSeal Paint Stripper? I want to seal my unfinished basement, but the previous owner painted both the walls and the floor. I found this product/website and was curious if anyone used it and if so did it work well?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
      This is an old post, but just to clear the air, since I work in a company that sells concrete sealers:

You want to be careful about how you seal the floor -- the radon underneath won't just go away-- it'll build up underneath. If there is any other way to get into your home other than simply through the pores of the concrete it may do so, and you may be faced, eventually with even higher Radon levels than you started with.

Yes, I feel the only real way to keep out radon is to pipe it outside. Be very careful with other methods.

------------Revolutionize Your Construction!
      Last edited by BasementQuestions; 09-15-2011, 12:13 PM. Reason: unauthorized advertisement

Comment

Working...
      X